At Mt Smart Stadium you can enjoy a world class stadium experience. We go out of our way to help make that happen and, in return, we ask you to respect our facilities and help contribute to an enjoyable event for all of our patrons.
To achieve this, we have the following conditions of entry that we require all visitors to the stadium to meet.
The Stadium and its facilities are here for the use and enjoyment of a variety of visitors, patrons and public users. As such, there is an expectation that all visitors, patrons and users will adhere to the minimal standards of behaviour and presentation to ensure that all enjoy the environment that is available at the venue.
- Clothing must conform to reasonable standards of decency
- For safety reasons, footwear is to be worn at all times
- We do not permit gang patches to be displayed.
- Stadium management and its representatives reserve the right to request patrons to present any clothing, bags and other carried items for searching before you enter the stadium
- If you refuse to present any of the requested items for searching, you may be denied entry
- We reserve the right to search vehicles entering the stadium
- Entry may be refused if a patron is intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances.
What you can bring into the stadium
- A bag that can fit under your seat
- Sealed clear plastic water bottle up to 1 litre
- Thermos of coffee or tea (may be subject to scrutiny)
- Small snacks such as sandwiches, biscuits, chips, confectionery
- Guide dog
- Banners, placards and flags at the discretion of stadium management.
What you may not bring into the stadium
- Chilly bins
- Commercial branded food or beverages – e.g Subway, McDonalds, Coca Cola etc
- Cans or glass containers
- Alcohol or illicit drugs
- Air horns or loud hailers
- Push chairs in seating areas
- Animals (except guide dogs)
- Dangerous goods
- Recording or photographic devices for commercial purposes
- Large items that cannot be placed under a seat
- Items that in the opinion of management/security could cause harm or public nuisance
- Skateboards, bikes, rollerblades or scooters
- Fireworks, flares or laser lights.
Stadium Management takes no responsibility for goods surrendered.
Mount Smart is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted.
- Mount Smart Stadium is a smoke-free environmnt
Drugs and Alcohol Policy
- Mt Smart Stadium complies with the Liquor Licensing Authority and prohibits the serving of alcohol to intoxicated or under-aged persons
- Intoxicated or under-aged persons who are apprehended with alcohol will be escorted from the premises
- Mt Smart Stadium maintains a strict ‘no drugs’ policy, illicit drugs are prohibited and will be confiscated at the gate. Any persons apprehended with drugs in their possession will be escorted from the premises
- Incidents involving alcohol or drugs will be referred to the police where the situation requires it.
Lost, stolen or damaged property
- Stadium management take no responsibility for any damage to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property while on stadium property.
- In extreme cases, a patron who exhibits unacceptable or disruptive behaviour may be asked to leave the stadium.
- Failure to comply with a direction from Mt Smart Stadium staff, security staff or NZ Police to leave the event venue may render the ticket holder liable to arrest and prosecution for the offence of trespass under section 4 Trespass Act 1980 which is punishable on conviction by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or a term of imprisonment not exceeding 3 months.